Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

what is raid

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i am buildin a computer and someone told me about a raid does anybody know wut it means can anybody tell me wut this is and how i can do this

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
I'm sure if you tried a bit harder you could find out what it is. Try Google, or Wikipedia for example:
"RAID (a redundant array of inexpensive/independent disks) is a system which uses multiple hard drives to share or replicate data among the drives. Depending on the version chosen, the benefit of RAID is one or more of increased data integrity, fault-tolerance, throughput or capacity compared to single drives."

So basically you've got the same data on several drives to protect against corruption/failure etc. I think... I didn't really know anything about it either before I read that! And please try to use proper English in your posts...