Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please help..wtih WLAN port forwarding issue!

• Please log in to reply

baracudazagreb

baracudazagreb

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have problems wth port forwarding.
I've got siemens gigaset SE515 dsl WLAN ,that i use to connect to internet.
I need to forward some ports in order to get better download rates and no lowid on emule, dc++ etc. So far i've got low download rates mostly because i cannot forward my ports... Please assist... Thank you!

Advertisements

cobhcf

cobhcf

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
Iam not sure about your siemens, but in my DLink, i type in the router address (that will be 192.168.0.1 in the browser's address bar, login , go to the port triggering/forwarding link, select new option, enter the service name, enter the port number to be forwarded, and enter my ip address (to know your ip address, u can start command prompt, and type in ipconfig, that will give ur computers ip) in the ip field.
Thats what i do in my router, but yours must be similar, the layout might chage, but it will be there somewhere, just browse through all the options. Hope that helps. ;)

Cheers! :tazz: