Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

what software do i need?

• Please log in to reply

lpchris85

lpchris85

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
im wanting to back up myy harddrive so that i can install a new OS because apparently my xp cd and key are coming up as not "genuine", so im just gonna buy another xp cd. what software program would be best to use and how exactly would i use it?

Advertisements

startechie

startechie

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Multibooting with Windows XP: Introduction

http://www.microsoft.../multiboot.mspx

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
What has multiboot got to do with it, what i do is i get the installers for all my apps in one folder then burn that to disk, then i burn all my music and vids, then i do a full format and reinstall thats if you dont have a seperate partition for Data which im guessing is the case. You can take clones but that doesnt work as well because the whole thing is backed up including your OS.

Also if you are sure that you have Genuine windows and can prove it, eg you have the liscence sticker and/or a reciept/bill for the system then phone MS and get it sorted.