Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mouse Frozen..Please Help...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

latinusa

latinusa

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I uninstalled all previous mice drivers in system. I had an Inland Optical mouse and I was having erratic sef-clicking and freezing frequently. Then I inspected PS/2 connector and found 2 pins together, then I straighten them out and re-connected then I got a freeze. I now installed a Targus Rechargable wireless mouse model AMW10US and had no drivers, so I went into safe mode and plugged it under administrator and PC detected and installed driver but it worked for 5-7 minutes then It frozed. I uninstalled mouse several times and arrow is still in same place. Now I get a Human Interface Device (HID) with a USB HID and also a HID-complaint mouse under Mice in device manager. I checked all and shows no conflict and say its working. I checked USB HUB and host controller and they show no conflicts. I ran Adaware and ewido before installing new mouse and ran Norton Virus when new mosue was working. It only showed a trojan dropper unable to delete under a shared folder for P2P Warez. Now I used what appears to be a reset button on bottom on mouse and light shows but then later it blinks. Now I need help. Thank you in advance..

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Obviously, you are infected with malware and that needs to be taken care of before anything else.

Unfortunately, you are clearly involved in activity that makes it difficult for us to help. Site policy forbids us from helping people who pirate software. "P2P Warez" puts you in that category