Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NEED MAJOR HELP! WINDOWS XP WILL NOT INSTALL

• Please log in to reply

RD5010

RD5010

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi there, I just bought a brand new computer, and my friend helped me hook it all up. It runs fine and it will start the computer, and firstly here are the specs of it:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3700+ Processor S939 San Diego 2.2GHZ 1MB L2 Cache 90NM

Motherboard: ASUS A8V-UAYZ ATX S939 VIA K8T800PRO + VT8237 DDR AGP 5PCI SATA RAID Sound GBLAN Motherboard

Harddrive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB SATA2 3GB/S 7200RPM 16MB Cache NCQ Hard Drive

Powersupply: OCZ PowerStream 520W ATX12V V2.0 BTX 20/24PIN Low Noise Power Supply W/ SLI

now please note that these are BRAND NEW PARTS, and there is nothing at ALL on the harddrive, everytime I try to install a copy of windows, it will have the blue screen where its doing all the checks, and then BOOM suddenly a blue screen of death appears with the message:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
If this is the first time you've seen this stop error, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacture for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.

Technical Information:
*** STOP: 0X0000007E C0XC000001D, 0X801A482D, 0XF7C824AC, 0XF7C821AC

Please for the love of god will someone please help me, im not an expert with computers but it's either find help from you guys, or I have to take it in to a shop, which will cost alot of $. so PLEASE help me

Advertisements

Comnir

Comnir

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Is there any file name specified after the STOP line? A similiar problem was solved by SlipStreaming the XP CD with SP2. There are other problems that result in the 0x7E stop message, which SP2 is supposed to fix.

Edited by Comnir, 28 May 2006 - 11:45 PM.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Are you getting a post beep? It is a process of elimination that will get you to the desktop. It sounds like the failure is when it tries reading the cd. Try cleaning the cd. If you have a floppy drive you might try downloading the floppy disk set exe file from microsoft and run them to see if you can get to the "a" prompt. It will ask you if you want to start with cdrom support, click yes. You can then type in the cdrom drive letter( usually "E" because the ram drive is "D")the double dots key( double colin?), then setup and hit the enter key. It should start the CD. Run the set of 6 floppy disks to see if you have a good set of floppys. In the first set of disks i made, the #3 floppy was bad and stopped loading, so i had to make a second set of floppy's

It would be easier to try using a Win 98 boot floppy to see if you can get to the "A" prompt since it is only one floppy. If you can get to the prompt try the E:setup then.One thing you will have to do first if windows does start to load is to load the raid drivers for the SATA drive. This is the way most Mb's install the SATA drivers so the computer can see the hard drive.

To check to see if it is a SATA problem try installing a IDE HD and see if the computer will boot off the CD. If so you need to put the SATA drivers on the floppy since the cdrom wont seem to load them.

Heres a article that might interest you.

http://forums.amd.co...id=271455&st=0

This part of that article is important.

if you don't have a Windows XP CD with SP1 or SP2 embedded on it, you will need to load the SATA drivers from diskette immediately after Windows starts loading.

As soon as Windows starts to load when the message "Press F6 if you need to install a third party SCSI or RAID driver" shows up, press "F6". Then wait and press "S" (to specify additional devices) when the next screen pops up. This wait can take a few minutes while windows loads all its available drivers before it asks you to put in your diskette of SATA drives, so be patient....

Previous to this you will have made a SATA driver floppy diskette on another computer (or you can boot the ASUS CD and create the floppy on your new computer if you don't have a second computer available).

There is a utility on the ASUS CD called: C: /Drivers/VIARAID/DriverDisk/MakeDisk.exe that will create a floppy of the SATA drivers (if you're using the VIA controller). If you're using the Promise controller you'll also find a makedisk utility in that directory. If you plug your SATA drive into the SATA1 port, then use the VIA drivers......

On the new computer you will now put the SATA driver floppy disk (you just made) in and press enter to continue. If the floppy disk was made successfully, the installation program will ask for selecting driver. Please then select "VIA Serial ATA RAID Controller(Windows XP)" . After the SATA driver is loaded and Windows XP can recognize the SATA HDD, you can continue to install Windows XP as usual.

On one computer i was working on i had to get the seagate seatools and write all "0"s to the drive before the computer would see the drive. Weird, i know, but doing the write let the computer see it.

You might look here also.

http://support.micro...om/?kbid=330182

http://support.micro...=888372&sd=RMVP

http://www.aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php

Halfway down on the aumha website is 07E errors.

SRX660

Edited by SRX660, 29 May 2006 - 04:05 AM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can also look at this

http://www.microsoft...&DisplayLang=en