Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

font changed to italics

• Please log in to reply

thepiper

thepiper

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
Hi, I use XPSP1. Some fonts have changed to italics, without me doing anything. This includes WMplayer Tabs, windows login prompts, website login , messenger chats, certain places where I'm sure there are no italics (like some gmail links). This is in both IE and Firefox.
It looks ugly and shouldn't be that way.
Please Help.
Thx

Advertisements

WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
There's 2 ways to get rid of the italics font.

1) Try System Restore to return the state to a recent time when the font was OK.

2) Change to another font: Right-click on a blank spot on the Desktop and click Properties > Appearance > Advanced button. Now, in the upper part of the popup window select the areas that show the italic font. Change the font in the option box below. All the title bars use Trebuchet MS 10pt., and the windows text uses Tahoma 8 pt.