Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox webdesign problem...please help!

• Please log in to reply

msousdahl

msousdahl

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am using Frontpage to make a webpage (i'll admit it now...I am not an expert). I have designed two seperate Flash files (converted into HTML) and inserted them into my page. When I publish and open in IE everything looks perfect, but when I open the page in Firefox, it automatically adds a small border on the top of both FLashes and on the bottom of one of them. Check it out here if it will help: http://www.morethanadozen.com

I am not finished yet, but really want to make the page look right in all browsers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, please dumb down your suggestions for me, I won't mind.

Thanks,

Matt :tazz:

Advertisements

Spike3

Spike3

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Hi

I have not worked in Frontpage b4, for personal reasons (Nothing against Microsoft!).

However I suggest you switch to Dreamweaver MX. This has a 'Browser Supprt Button' Which checks IE, Netscape, Firefox/mozilla, opera and safari, it also make sure things are ok for the mac as well.

There maybe an option for this on Frontpage, but I am unaware of the package I'm afraid. Although I have just taken a quick look at office.microsoft.com and seen that it has been made to take into consideration different browsers.

Which version of Front page are you using? as the article suggesting this was for the latest version!!

I've just checked out both versions, and can only see one line. When you programmed the initial flash did you go outside of your working space? Maybe it's picking that up?

Anyway try Dreamweaver you! Browser support button and everything!

Ojoshiro

Ojoshiro

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Matt,

Could this be a stylesheet issue? I'm not firefoxed yet, but I know that IE and Netscape had different settings in, if I remember correctly, the padding of the body/html element.
Maybe this is a similar problem.

You have your <head> outside the <html> tags?

Anyway.
I see '<object classid=...> </object>' You could try add a style here 'style="padding:0;margin:0;"'.

I'm not saying this is it, just this could be it :tazz:
Hope it helps!

Ojo

Oh, btw, more on CSS.

Spike3

Spike3

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Ok,

I've just placed your source code into dreamweaver and it has found errors with firefox. I must note that these may be because i do not have all of the files, but check them out anyway...

'The top margin of the body tag is not supported'

'The left margin of the body tag is not supported'

'The border color attribute of the table tag is not supported'

'The height attribute of the table tag is not supported'

'Warning: Attributes and values for the EMBAD tag vary by plug in. Please check that all attributes and values are valid' (This might be beacuse i do not have the files!!!

I have placed the head code into the html body as suggested however this did not resolve any issues. so maybe it is a css problem as suggested.

I also have noticed that the head of your page is not very web-marketed. You have descriptions missing, and also your keywords are a little lacking. I hope you don't mind me saying.

Here's a comparison....(*'s are in place to protect the innocent!)

Your Site...

<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="en-us">
<title>Welcome to Worsham Baptist Church Online!</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">

<meta name="author" content="">
<meta name="generator" content="Microsoft FrontPage 5.0">
<meta name="description" content="Intro">
<meta name="keywords" content="at, baptist, church, god, move, ready, see, welcome, will, worsham">
</head>

One of my many! (Top ten Yahoo!)

<HEAD>
<TITLE>Exhibition Stands and Exhibition Stand Design from Fast Stand</TITLE>
<LINK REV="made" href="mailto:***** **********">
<META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="exhibition stand, exhibition stands, shell scheme, shell scheme alternative, bespoke exhibition stand, exhibition concept, aspect exhibitions, exhibition design, exhibition construction, cheap exhibition stand, new concept, fast stand, fast exhibition stand, quick stand, stand construction, stand contractors, modular exhibition stands, custom built exhibition stands">
<META NAME="description" CONTENT="Exhibition stands and exhibition design - Fast Stand. The new exhibition concept from ***** ******** as an alternative to booking a shell scheme.">
<META NAME="author" CONTENT="Steven ******">
<META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="ALL">

To help you try the following website which will build the html code for you....

http://vancouver-web...A/mk-metas.html

Hope all of this has helped.

Spike

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Guess I was too late to see it. I have to right-click in both FF and IE to get the Flash to work, but I did not see any border in FF. Maybe Matt is still working on it. Still some issues with the Flash, though, because they didn't start and loop and I've got the player set to do that.

Ron