Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SPAM

• Please log in to reply

SweetDazzler

SweetDazzler

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Everyday I get these three pieces of spam twice.

Link to unsuitable content removed

That website and then 2 others where its just messed up writing like

jdflkdfkjdhgdgh jsdkfhklasgjkdg ksdgjlksadjfk

The messed up writing one is always forwarded to me. I don't know why I am getting them. HELP!

Edited by Keith, 29 May 2006 - 04:30 PM.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Have you tried filtering all the spam emails out or blocking sender? Did you check out the web site link by any chance?

Ron

SweetDazzler

SweetDazzler

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Yeah I looked at the websites and there are no opt out or unsubscribe buttons. I would bock the websites except it comes from a different person everytime. It's always like [email protected] or [email protected] or some other jibberish. Plus it is never is for me. Somehow it's always just in my mail box by a forward or some other way. & The one that's always like [email protected] or whatever always says something about emilyhott85.... I can't stand it. I wish I could block like all the email from them and their domains. Is there a way to block them and addresses associated with them without individually blocking them all since it is a different address everytime? .....Thanks in advance. :whistling:

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I am having a similar problem now and trying to resolve it. Mine started after I started Blue Frog Spam control. Right now I am using a mail client which allows me to return spam with the right address and wording. It's helping to some extent. I really don't know what to advise you at this point other than to look for a common thread in the From/Subject/Content parts and see if it can be use to filter/block.

I don't think the URL has much to do with it, but if your headers in your emails indicate that all the spam is originating from there, you could report the abuse.

Any ideas from others welcomed.

Ron