Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help! Suspected Spyware Infection...Internet problems

• Please log in to reply

stargirl

stargirl

• Pip
  • 6 posts
:whistling:

I know I'm supposed to post a log, but read the paragraph and you'll see why I couldn't.

I recently searched google images, clicked on a picture...and got Spyware (I've gotten infected on another computer before so I know the signs). At first it just kept flashing messages from Dell saying I need to redo my security--which I would do--and then my Bluelight Internet would kick me off and I would be unable to sign on unless I restarted it.

Then I left the computer alone for a few days and started using my mom's computer (the one I infected and cleaned before and the one I'm working on now). I started up my computer and after the XP loading screen flashed up it took me to a blue screen where it said it was cleaning my C drive because it was dirty. It then took me to my sign in page, and I signed in. I scanned the computer using Trend Micro PCcillin 12 and it found nothing. The internet was working slowly and saying the page wouldn't display, so I gave up.

Yesterday I turned it on again, and the internet was working ok. I went to this page and started Cleanup and restarted. But cleanup must have made it worse because now the internet is acting up again and displaying popups saying I need to download Ultimate Windows Defender. I was suspicious so I never downloaded it. After I would click cancel on the first popup it would say "Do you exit setup?" (my first real clue it was spyware because they left out some words) I clicked cancel and it cut me off the internet. Now everytime I sign in to the internet it works for two seconds and then displays the two popups and logs me off, and I can't get back on until I turn it off and turn it on again.

So I was wondering...Can I just download the spyware scanners on the How to Do a Hijack this log to a CD on this computer and transport it to my infected computer due to Internet malfunction, or do I need to do something first?

Advertisements