Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slow System Startup - Trying to clean up system start ups

• Please log in to reply

rglenn6245

rglenn6245

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
I have cleaned up the bulk of spyware issues, currently have my hijak log posted to confirm....I have removed several items from start up, which has improved overall start up time. I'm looking to take this to as claen as possible, to spedd the start up.

Is there a way to copy or post my MSCONFIG start up list, so someone can help me tweak it ?? Also and / or is there an easy to use tool to help a non educated geek wanna be like me to help keep the start up clean?

I noticed http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm posted on this forum before, but not sure if I should or could use it??

Edited by rglenn6245, 29 May 2006 - 01:15 PM.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Check out Admin's Malware Guides for tools to use and not use as well as How Tos.

Ron