Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Diablo 2 lord of destruction

• Please log in to reply

haurum

haurum

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Everytime i try log on Battlenet it says checking versions and keep doing that. Someone please help me.! :whistling: Here is my hijack.

Please do not post hijack this logs in any other forum than the malware forum as it will incourage others to do so as well. Your log has been removed and re-attached as a text file

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
First off, (this is from my standpoint) although some people may check here, those people who actually understand the HiJack this logs will be in the Malware forums (although I know a few that come back in these parts every now and again :whistling:)

Second, it doesn't sound like it's that kind of problem. What are your system specs (and include internet connection type)?

Third, from scanning your HJT list, why do you have McAfee AND Norton? Apparently you have firewalls installed for both programs which could well be your problem. I say delete Norton, see if it works, if not try getting rid of McAfee and downloading a free AV program.

haurum

haurum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Its not helping. :whistling:

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
1) What's not helping?
2) You didn't post your specs or internet connection.

humminn

humminn

I post links to websites I get a commission from

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Battle.net connection problems is caused by a recent Diablo II Hack program here is the detailed Info on it...

WARNING: A recent Diablo II hack program was released and may be very dangerous to your computer system.

One symptom of this Trojan virus is an extremely long "Checking Versions" dialogue box when connecting to Battle.net finally followed by an "Unable to connect to Battle.net." message.

This hack installs a Trojan virus on your system that has the known abilities:
- Logs your account name and password
- Modifies your system's hosts file so your computer has problems connecting to Battle.net
- Spams the Battle.net channels without the text appearing on your screen - causing Battle.net to block your access

Other possible abilities include:
- Steal your CD-Key - causing a "CD-Key in use by ___" message
- Steal your account name and password - causing an invalid password message
- Give a malicious person access to your computer and all the files contained on it

You cannot get this virus by connecting to Battle.net. This problem is the result of third-party software being installed on your machine.

To resolve this issue you will need to completely remove this hack program from your system, then repair any damages it may have caused. One problem this virus causes is to modify your Windows hosts file.

For information on removing this damage please refer the info in the post below : :whistling:

humminn

humminn

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Deleting the Battle.net registry folders:

Click on Start then choose Run.
In the Run box, type the word "regedit" (without the quotes) and press OK. This will launch the Registry Editor.

Click on the + icon beside the "HKey_Local_Machine" folder. Some folders will appear underneath it. One should be called "Software".

Click on the + icon beside the "Software" folder.

In the folders that appear under "Software", Select the "Battle.net" folder and delete it.

Click on the - icon beside the "HKey_Local_Machine" folder. This will collapse the folders underneath it.

Click on the + icon beside the "HKey_Current_User" folder.

Under that, click on the + icon beside the "Software" folder.

In the folders that appear under "Software", Select the "Battle.net" folder and delete it.

Click on the - icon beside the "HKey_Current_User" folder to collapse it as well.

Now that both "Battle.net" folders are gone, close the Registry Editor, restart the game, and try your Battle.net connection again.

humminn

humminn

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Checking the Hosts file:

Click on Start then Search or Find files and folders to search your hard drive for a specific file.

In the file name field, type the word "hosts" (without the quotes) and search for that file.

Once Windows has found this file, you may want to make a backup copy and name it hosts.bak.

Double-click the hosts file (not the backup) and choose to open it using Notepad.

The term ".battle.net" should not appear anywhere in this document.

If you see any ".battle.net" entries, please delete them.

Close the Notepad document and choose Yes when it asks you if you want to save the file.

Now start the game and connect to Battle.net.

:whistling:

haurum

haurum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
I done what you said. but it keep say checking version. :whistling:

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Harum - for your sake PLEASE post your system specifications and internet connection. It MIGHT have been that trojan, but apparently (if you did all of that right) it's not. Please post up your specifications.

haurum

haurum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Where do i find the computer-specifications and internet connection? :whistling:

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Basic specs can be found by right clicking My Computer and choosing Properties. That will give you the CPU and RAM. To find the other stuff (vid. card, sound card, etc.) go to:
(RightClick)My Computer --> Hardware -->Device Manager --> Display Adapter
That will give us the basic system specs.

Internet: How do you connect/who is the provider of your internet?

haurum

haurum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
CPU and RAM : AMD Athlon™ 64 processor 3500+ 2.21 GHz, 1,00 GB RAM

Internet is wirreless conection.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
(RightClick)My Computer --> Hardware -->Device Manager --> Display Adapter

Please do this one next, this is your video card. Also, do you know if your computer runs hot at all during play? Like is the whole computer freezing up? Or just the game?