Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsof Windows Error

• Please log in to reply

theBoar

theBoar

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
HELLO

PART 1:
Something strange just happend to my computer. I was in the middle of downloading some software, and as the software was installing my computer compelely shutdown and rebooted itself :whistling: . When XP re-started I received an error message saying that there was an error in Microsoft Windows, and it asked me to send or dont send. I viewed the error report and it listed two files that were part of the error. Both files were in my Temp folder so i deleted them.
My computer hasn't really acted up since that (YET) , but can someone explain to me what happend to my computer and if i should be concerned. :woot:

PART 2:
About that software that i was in the middle of installing when my computer went all weird. Well after my computer rebooted the software was only partly installed. I have its icon on my desktop and its folder in my start menu. The problem is, when i try and open the program I receive an error message and i am unable to run the program :blink: . When i run the setup to finish installing it'll continue the installation from the last point (and wont let me start from stratch) but quickly gives me an error message and wont let me proceed :help: . When I go into my Control Pannel (add/remove programs) to delete the program, the program is not listed :) . And in my start menu, under the program's folder there is an Uninstall setup, however when i try and run it it tells me that the program is not installed and wont let me proceed :woot: .
How do I uninstall the piece of the program that is on my computer? I need to get rid of it in order to Re-Instal the software from scratch.
:woot:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Move the folder from programme files to My Documents

Click start then all programmes, accessories, system tools to run disc clean up, then also from system tools, run disc defragmenter

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit then select all, (all files will highlight), right click any file, click delete, confirm then reboot.

Download, install and run
Tune Up 2006 Trial

Run Tune Up disc clean up

Run Tune Up registry clean up

Disable the anti virus programme then click Optimize and Improve to run Reg Defrag, the screen will lose colour during the process which can take a few minutes and then needs a reboot

Check the anti virus programme is running

Those will have cleared the drive of obsolete software errors

Try to install the programme

These are suggestions for making the most of the free trial

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to optimize the computer, select computer with an internet connection from the drop down menu, this also requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot.

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to run system advisor

theBoar

theBoar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Very detailed... I will try all of that and let you know how it went. Thank you :whistling: