Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Dell 940A print issue

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Dell Dimension 4600 series computer and a Dell AIO Printer A940. It was working fine, but the other day the black ink just stopped printing. Naturally, we changed the cartridge, even though the system did not indicate that this was a problem. There was no warning. It just stopped putting out black. It sounds like it is printing, but is not. It still prints in color. I used the "Clean Cartridges" feature on the printer, but it did not help. We have had this printer for a year and a half and have changed the cartridge often (my wife did her masters thesis and it took a lot of paper!). So it is not an installation problem.

Would it help if I uninstalled and then reinstalled the printer? I have a disk with the drivers on it.
Thanks for any help you can give!

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
umm. i dont know what to tell u

goodluck :tazz: