Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DSL internet acting up

• Please log in to reply

POC Computer

POC Computer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
I am only allowed to have one internet page open at a time. When I go to open a second internet page, it closes the first one. It wasn't doing this before I started having system troubles.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I didn't mean leave a window open, I meant you clearly need to visit the malware forum

POC Computer

POC Computer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
No, what I am trying to communicate is that since I have started having system problems, my internet options (I guess that is the word for it) have changed. When I try to open a second internet explorer window, it closes and replaces the first one.

Or am I the confused one? Should I be closing this topic? Is that what you are asking me to do?

POC Computer

Edited by POC Computer, 05 June 2006 - 08:34 PM.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
No, I do not want you to close the topic, I want you to visit the malware forum because there is at least one inactive trojan and an active piece of malware

This malware MAY be the cause of your problem

It may NOT be causing the issue, but it is POINTLESS to try and address your issue until we are sure that the malware is NOT causing it

So, go to malware, Get a clean bill of health from a malware expert. Afterwards, return here if the problem persists.

POC Computer

POC Computer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
OK. Thank you for your help. I will let you know how it goes.

POC Computer

POC Computer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Everything seems to be fine. I don't know what happened, but Internet is operational again. I am ready to close this topic. Thanks again for your help.

POC Computer