Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Outlook 2000 won't load

• Please log in to reply

dkb

dkb

• Pip
  • 7 posts
When I click on the Outlook icon, I get the message, “Microsoft Office has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Send error report. Don’t send”

Over the past week, I have loaded Ewido, Vundofix, Trojan Hunter, and I have run a Panda scan from the website.

I have Ad-aware, Microsoft Anti-virus, Spybot, and McAfee. None of these programs have found anything.

Also, mysteriously, my McAfee is showing expired. I paid for a year subscription, and it has only been 6 months. When I look at my account, it shows that it expired one month after I bought it. I have been using it for these past 6 months.

I can open Word and click on “Detect and Repair”, put in my Office 2000 CD, and I can get Outlook back. But when I close it, it won’t open again.

Advertisements

kuliddar

kuliddar

• Pip
  • 9 posts
bump....have same issue. Updates are done and this was installed a a spanking new laptop computer.

Silver_Fox

Silver_Fox

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
I posted a similar query on behalf of a pal but got no replies.

After reading your post I remembered seeing that the McAfee free trial 90 day period on his new Dell PC had expired around the same time that he first noticed the Outlook problem.

On uninstalling McAfee and installing AVG, low and behold Outlook is now working correctly!!