Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Downloads will not complete!

• Please log in to reply

Nathaniel7

Nathaniel7

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi guys,
As in the title, I can't get any downloads to complete. For example, I am trying to download software from my school, so its a reliable site. The file is 391mb, and I make it to various stages of completion, but then it always gets stuck. When I say it gets stuck I mean it hits say 100mb and then freezes and never goes any further. I also tried to watch the trailer for the new Pirates movie and the same thing happened. Thanks in advance for your help!

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
For downloading, try a Download Manager which should help you resume where DL left off (I hope). 391 Mb is a humongous file. Think larger than SP2. :whistling:

What type of Internet connection(s) are you using at school and I hope what you are doing is allowable according to school policy. If not a personal PC, then you may be blocked from doing any downloads and your other problems may be firewall related.

Ron