Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

City of Heroes, hangs and restarts

• Please log in to reply

weiv76

weiv76

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hello,

Anyone can help me resolve my problem with City of Heroes???

My pc is new and it used to work perfectly, my graphic card ATI GeCUBE RADEON X800 driver was updated to the newest driver version and so are the game patches, Active X.. and soo...yet once entering the game, it kick me out and retsrats or it shows a brokn or checkered screen, hangs and retsrats.....i cannot play anymore and i have been checking if i have virus but i dont.

Could anyone help me?

Im using Win XPro SP2
AMD Athlon 64 Processor
3500+
2.20 GHz, 1 GB RAM

Thanks

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Did it work fine before installing the latest video drivers?

weiv76

weiv76

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
for only 3 hours...:-(

What i did was uninstall all ATI products...installed .Net framework, latest driver, and directX.
I also uninstall the game "City of heroes" and "Doom III" (coz it was as well not working with this game) then, i install them again and update the patches ..still did not work.

The game kicks me out once entering the game and there was a msg from ATI something about graphic not able to support due to driver installed.....

My graphic is GeCube Radeon X800

weiv76

weiv76

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
by the way...from ATI.com driver updates: there was choices like Drivers for WinXP 64 edition, and for WinXP only.

Does the 64 edition means the kind of OS edition u have or the processor?

Sori...i dont know much about this :-(, i have AMD 64 Athlon processor and WinOS 32...just that perhaps it has something to do with the malfunction coz i tried both drivers anyway still prob persits.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
You need the WinXP one, the 64 is for the 64-Bit version of Windows, which you do NOT have. So you need to uninstall the 64 version and keep the Catalyst 6.4 or whatever the latest one is.

weiv76

weiv76

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hello problem still persits even if i sisinstalled and insatll the latest driver....

whats next?

weiv76

weiv76

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Can anyone help me with this problem??? This message has been here for almost a month....

problen still persits