Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Adobe Runtime Error

• Please log in to reply

Doorslam

Doorslam

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
Hello, I have an Adobe 7.0 problem.

Adobe was running fine but due to an Outlook problem, I needed to re-create my local profile. After I did this, my Outlook problem resolved itself but now when I try to open Adobe, I get the following error: Microsoft C++ Runtime Error! This Application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

The only option is to hit OK and then Adobe closes. I have tried re-installing Adobe 7.0, I have tried installing Adobe 5.0. Adobe does not work under my profile or any others. I have also tried restoring my old profile(when Adobe would work but Outlook had problems) and Adobe still does not work. Besides re-installing the whole machine, I am not sure how to fix this. Any ideas?

Win XP Pro, 3.0 GHZ, 1GB ram.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
do you have system restore enabled? try restroring to a time when everything worked.

have you installed all fo the updates for adobe? they are up to 7.07 now.

Doorslam

Doorslam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
Thanks for your reply starjax, but I FINALLY figured it out yesterday. It turned out a plugin had gone bad. I removed it and Adobe started working like normal.