Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need good synchronization software

• Please log in to reply

lacohn

lacohn

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Our medical office uses digital files for our patient charts. We have 5 tablet pcs and a main server (in addition to desktop workstations). Currently we have a copy of all patient charts on each of the tablet's hard drives, and we synchronize the charts with the charts on the main server (this is when we are at our satellite office and cannot access the main server wirelessly).

We are currently using synctoy, however we are having problems with it. For example, if we delete a folder on the server, and then synchronize, synctoy will put the folder back on the server, because it sees that folder on the tablet and then moves the folder back to the server. I also installed Allway Sync and Vice Versa, and I had the same problem (got the message that the folder does not exist and will create the folder on the tablet).

Also, synctoy often will not completely synchronize all the data. So I'm looking for a solution that will handle deletions and synchronize effectively. Any ideas?

Thanks for any advice you can offer!!

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
well do you have any options to control what syncs?

hmmmm I'll have to think on this one.