Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

gateway problems

• Please log in to reply

pairs

pairs

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
yo... over the last couple od days i havnt been able to sign into msn messenger or windows messenger, i also cant sign into hotmail or any other net passport service so i tried the troubleshooter etc tried customer service but that wont work for some reason, just keeps sayin page cannot be displayed.

on the troubleshooter it provided me with this code 80048820 and said that by gateway appears to be offline

does anyone have any idea how i turn my gateway on or what it is etc?

cheers
pairs

Advertisements

pairs

pairs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
keith yous eem to know what your doin canya help moi please?

pairs

pairs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
keith yous eem to know what your doin canya help moi please?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
http://www.fanatic.n...r-80048820.html
try the above

DO NOT REPLY TO YOUR OWN POSTS

We search for posts with zero replies and by replying to your own posts, especially as impatiently as you have done, will cause people to miss your posts and/or decide they do not want to help you

Everyone's problem is important, not just yours.

pairs

pairs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
sorry about the impatientness but thanks for the link, iv not solved the problem yet as iv been told to type in my ip address? which im not sure what that is or actually some people just say type this in http://192.168.0.1

and then give me steps of how to solve it but everytime i type that i get my web searcher comin up

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
start > run
cmd
<enter>

type ipconfig /all

this will reveal your ip address

pairs

pairs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
thanks done that got my ip address but its still redirecting me to mywebsearch
i hate that site

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
you need to hit the malware forum, follow the instructions at the top, and post accordingly.

If problems persist after a malware expert clears you, return to this thread

pairs

pairs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
cheers for the redirect but im getting no reply, everyone tellse me i should just be able to type in my ip address and il get a set of options up that i can set

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you got no reply for 2 reasons....number one..you posted that topic maybe a half an hour ago (there are ALOT of people in that forum...you'll need to be patient)...number two...you didn't follow any of the instructions for posting in that forum (which you were told to do) SO here are those instructions again
Please go to the malware forum in my signature and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

Advertisements

pairs

pairs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
i dont want to do a malware check iv already done one sorry that im being impatient aggressive angry etc not normally like this... i just wanna find out why i cant access my ip settings and how i do it

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
mywebsearch = malware

pairs

pairs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
really? o sorry well mywebsearch isnt the real issue anyways apparently that just replaces an error message but some of the people in this article http://www.fanatic.n...r-80048820.html talk about typing in your ip address on internet explorer and then altering some settings and was wondering if you knew why that wouldnt work for me?

pairs

pairs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
hey sorry about the rant yesterday, i assure you that's not my usual mood but twas getting very annoyed with my computer and vented my anger on you guys...soz...does anyone know tho why i cant type in my ip address into address bar on the web and access my ip settings, need to downgrade my mtu to 1400, is there any other way of doing this?

thanks and sorry again about yesterday

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
the "gateway" is your router...not your computer...so you'd be putting your router's ip address into the browser NOT your computer's ip address....you still need to go through the malware process and get cleaned up...i doubt very seriously that myweb is all you have crawling around in there...and u ntill you get all of that stuff fixed..we can't be sure that anything we do here will be effective...when we give you steps or instructions...please trust that we are trying to help you in the best way possible...in the most effective order of steps and processes