Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Radeon card problem

• Please log in to reply

pompanoguy

pompanoguy

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
I have an ATI radeon 9200 video card. I have set it up for a second monitor (tv). I can get the (eg. windows media player) and the movie playing on my computer monitor, but only the skin of the media player and audio appear on my tv. Can anyone tell me why only the skin appears and no video. I have tried this on the other player ( Divx). Same thing ... video on the computer monitor, not on the tv.. only the skin of the player... Has anyone any ideas that can help me?

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
this has to do with the overlay function of the driver.

Download the latest driver for your card from the manufacturer website

Download driver cleaner pro from here:

http://www.driverhea...ead.php?t=76416

Install it.

Download the latest (or in your case, use the original) driver for your videocard.

Start > Control Panel, choose add/remove applet

Remove any drivers or utlities for your card.

Reboot into safe mode, by tapping f8 key at startup, about once a second...you will be given a text mode menu....choose safe mode

Run driver cleaner pro and select the video driver you had from the drop down menu and let driver cleaner wipe out all the remaining files from the uninstall.

reboot into normal mode...cancel the hardware installation wizard.

Use the driver setup routine you downloaded above to reinstall the driver.

pompanoguy

pompanoguy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

I have an ATI radeon 9200 video card. I have set it up for a second monitor (tv). I can get the (eg. windows media player) and the movie playing on my computer monitor, but only the skin of the media player and audio appear on my tv. Can anyone tell me why only the skin appears and no video. I have tried this on the other player ( Divx). Same thing ... video on the computer monitor, not on the tv.. only the skin of the player... Has anyone any ideas that can help me?

I downloaded the file, but it could not open " cannot read". Tried it twice!