Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

missing phone calls

• Please log in to reply

keg1989

keg1989

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Here's the deal moved a while back, my new place can't get DSL(i don't no why it kinda sux) neways so now i have carppy dial-up n i keep missing important calls while im online. is there a way to set up my internet or a program *perferably free :whistling: * that i could download that would automatically disconnect me from the internet when i have an in coming call???

Internet Info

IP - Sympatico(canada if it matters)
Browser - Internet Explorer

Computer Info

OS - Windows XP
Make - HP Pavillion

thank to ne1 that trys to help

Peace Out, Keg1989

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
right click on my network places > right click on your dialup connection > properties > on the general tab, tick the box that says dialing rules > press the dialing rules button > choose your location and press edit > tick the "to disable call waiting dial " box and choose the key combo that's used in your area (most of the us is *70) that should cause the modem to disconnect upon incomming calls

keg1989

keg1989

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
does that only work if you have call waiting???
cuz i dont :whistling:

Peace Keg1989

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if you don't have call waiting....then it should be disconnecting you when you get a call...most telco's aren't really charging for call waiting...try doing the steps above and see if it makes a difference

keg1989

keg1989

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
tried it and it doesnt werk for sum reason
got ne other ideas

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
not right this second...i'll keep researching....my usuall problem with dialup is keeping it connected...not making sure it disconnects hehe

keg1989

keg1989

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Yeh i hear you when i had dial up when i first got internet i was aways angry when someone would call n i'd get disconnected n now im mad cuz it won't how ironics that eh?
neways thanx for ur other suggestion sucks that it didnt work tho