Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

error

• Please log in to reply

lecy

lecy

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Can anybody explain error 1706?

Advertisements

Tony_1983

Tony_1983

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi Lecy,

Welcome to Geeks To GO.

Just wondering when does ERROR 1706 happen?

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
Leave the Microsoft Office CD in your computer's CD-ROM

Start Microsoft Office 2000 Setup either by attempting to use the "install on first use" component that you previously attempted to use, or by running Microsoft Office 2000 Setup from the Add/Remove Programs icon in Control Panel. Or, attempt to use the clip art that you previously attempted to use.

lecy

lecy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
To first reply(Tony1983) ,(thanks for replying) it happens whenever I open HP Image Zone or Sonic MY DVD7.Says the feature I am trying to Access is on a removable disk . However I only have the only disks I have are HP Image Sonic is on my application/driver disk and XP Operating disk. None of which seem to affect this error.

To second reply(daniel), Also thanks,you mention XP 2000 , would I have this on XP home Edition?