Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

XP Pro vs Media Center Edition?

• Please log in to reply

UV_Power

UV_Power

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
Hey everyone,

Something that has been bothering me for a while now is I can't seem to find a clear answer on whether or not Windows Media Center Edition 2005 is just like Windows XP Pro, but with extra media stuff?

Are the drivers the same? Will anything that works for XP Pro also work on MCE? I have been doing many searches on the internet and also chatting with my buddies and no one can seem to give me a clear answer...

Actually, sometimes I do get a clear answer but it is immediatley followed by an answer that contradicts it. Anyone here wanna help me out here? Maybe direct me to the right website that clears all this up for me?

Thanks! :whistling:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
One requirement is a media centre PC to install it on

Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 is an operating system that is only available on Media Center PCs. Because of special hardware requirements, Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005-based PCs are available only from Microsoft PC Manufacturer partners.

http://www.microsoft...de/default.mspx

UV_Power

UV_Power

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
is that the only difference?