Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installing Windows Vista Beta 2

• Please log in to reply

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

...stupid security annoyances! It drives me crazy!

...and that will be the number one comment when it ships. :blink:

There are a couple of tricks to reduce the annoyances while retaining much of the security. If they're not covered by NDA, I'll make a post about them. :whistling:

Advertisements

Nictoe

Nictoe

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I was curious if this current Vista Beta 2, is just a time trial, that will eventually EXPIRE...along with all your other data and installed software programs. :whistling:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
As far as i know it isnt the RCs might be but they will probably just not offer any support for them and no reactivation after the release of the product. If you are running a multiple OS though you should really have a seperate partition for your data.

yurimxpxman

yurimxpxman

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

I was curious if this current Vista Beta 2, is just a time trial, that will eventually EXPIRE...along with all your other data and installed software programs. :blink:

You may not be able to reactivate your beta after the final version comes out, but you will still have access to all of your data after it expires. Just install another OS on your machine or stick the hard drive into another machine and copy your files :whistling:

Nictoe

Nictoe

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I think there's a fine line between user-friendly and eye candy.

XP is user-friendly. Vista is eye candy.

Posted Image

Well as they say: "If ain't broke, DON'T FIX IT !" :whistling:

MacGyver Jack

MacGyver Jack

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
1 min with the help of reformattin windows xp