Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dvd and Cd drives not being detected.

• Please log in to reply

thefridge2

thefridge2

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
hey,

my cd and dvd drives are not being noticed by my computer when i look in the my computer map, but when i look in bios they are present. also they just don't funtion. if i run a game that needs the cd which is in the drive, it says something like : insert the dc-rom and restart this application.
when i look at control panel-system-hardware device manager all my cd and dvd drives are giving the same error message;

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

this also goes for my virtual drives(deamon tools) .

i hope anyone can help me asap, because it's quite annoying not being able to use your cd and dvd drives.
thanks anyway.

my system:
windows xp pro
amd athalon xp 2800+
maxtor 80 gig
ati radeon 9600 pro
lite-on LTR-52327s (cd-drive)
sony DVD-ROM DDU1621

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. You can try the cd gone patch at http://www.geekstogo...ne-t109781.html

thefridge2

thefridge2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
thanks a lot man, it worked!!!

:whistling: :blink: :help: :) :woot: :woot:

also thanks for the quick response.