Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

emailing from within Excel

• Please log in to reply

wizinoz

wizinoz

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi, all
I have a PC that was running Office 2000. I upgraded only the Outlook module to 2003. Now, when I try to email from inside an Excel spreadsheet, I get an error. Specifically, if I try to send ONLY the current sheet, as the body of an email, I get an error "Excel could not start the email program. Check your network connection, check that Office is installed correctly, yada yada"

This error does NOT occur if I try to send the whole workbook as an attachment...only if I try to send a single sheet from the workbook as the message body.

Microsoft's website was no help. Can't find anything even close to this problem, but it is consistent on all PC's I have done the Off partial upgrade on.

Thanks in advance...

the Wiz

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i've never seen this so i can't assure you that i'll be of total help here...but...in excell click help > detect and repair (if that choice is available) and let it try to repair office...it may rebuild the links to the programs so that it will work....if detect and repair is not there...go to add/remove programs and find office...and choose change (if available) and tell it to repair from there (you may need to click remove instead of change...which will give you the repair option as well...if it doesn't give you the repair option...exit )