Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

My Computer HELP!

• Please log in to reply

transitator

transitator

• Pip
  • 5 posts
When you click on my computer it takes you to all that stuff, right. YOu know you can search for stuff on the computer in My Computer. How do you delete the searches that were saved? Please help.

Advertisements

transitator

transitator

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Please Help

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
If you are going to start/search to find files, windows saves the search as a temp file. When you reboot the computer all the temp files are deleted by windows normally.

If you are going to my computer from the start menu all you are doing is looking at the folders and files on your computer. There are no saved search files made by doing this.

If you are talking about getting the history files out of Internet Explorer.

1) Open Internet Explorer Browser.

2) Click on Tools ---> Options

3) Click on 'General' tab

4) In the 'History' section click the 'Clear History' button.

5) On the confirmation message that prompts click 'yes'

If it is something else you want to do please be more specific of what you are trying to do. Then we can help you do a specific task you want to do.

SRX660

transitator

transitator

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
ok, what i mean is when you you search the My Computer for something the search gets saved. So the next time you search there will be a box that drops down with all the searches that you made before that start with the first letter of the search you are makeing. I want to know hot to delete the seach so when you type the letter the past searches don't drop down. Thanks

memberix

memberix

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
That would require messing with the registry, but fortunatelly someone has made a program that clears the search history and other MRU items. Download it from http://www.kellys-ko...ClearRecent.Exe
Dont worry cause its EXE file. I scanned it after download and it was safe.

transitator

transitator

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i downloaded it but don't get how to use it, can you help me. Thanks

transitator

transitator

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
nevermind i figured it out. Thank you so much!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Download and install CCleaner

http://www.filehippo...nload_ccleaner/

Remove the tick for Yahoo toolbar during the install

Set it like this

[attachment=8745:attachment]

Click options, settings to set it like this

[attachment=8746:attachment]

If you use the scan for issues, which isn't essential, always take the option to make a back up and store them in a safe place