Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PCI USB has a (yellow !) in device manager

• Please log in to reply

gary55

gary55

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
All of a sudden my USB connected printer stopped working (Powered on but did not print). I also tried plugging in my digital camera to the USB and it did not recognize it or work either.

I went into Device Manager and there were yellow exclamation points in three places.
1. Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
2. VIA Rev 5 or later USB universal host controller
3. VIA Rev 5 or later USB universal host controller

Does anyone know what yellow exclamation points mean ???

Anyone that can help me get this resolved would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. The yellow ! means no driver. Go to device manager and right click on the device and select update driver.

gary55

gary55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
Thank you! I will try & lat you know what happens.

gary55

gary55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
Unfortunately it did not work. Also, tried to uninstall & reinstall. It keeps saying there is a problem and device may not work....it doesn't work! Unplugged the USB card, booted, plugged back in, booted and still not working. What would it say or not say if the PCI USB 2.0 card was bad? However, the 1.1 USB that came standard (on motherboard) on the computer is not working either! What to do? Thank you!

gary55

gary55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
when I boot my computer up I sometimes get a error message that two files are missing or corrupt:
sys32\DRIVERS\isapnp.sys
sys32\DRIVERS\Ntfs.sys

Should I repost this problem to the windows XP category?