Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help w/ image quality difference

• Please log in to reply

cheapiejack

cheapiejack

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Here's the deal...

When we look at our webpage (we use publisher because we're not really good with coding) with IE, the images are fine. When we look at the images with FF, the images are poor. What's the deal?

I figure it's 1 of 2 things...

1) how we have the page setup

2) how we have our browsers setup

Any info would be appreciated! Thanks.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Please post a link for others to check your page and images to see if they can help. Plus, Firefox and IE will not always parse a page the same unless you know how to do workarounds.

Ron

cheapiejack

cheapiejack

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Our site...

oregonjacks.50webs.com

Thanks...

:whistling:

Edited by cheapiejack, 01 June 2006 - 12:35 PM.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
This is one of the problems using publisher, front page, word or M$ specific product to make web pages in the manner of what you see, is what you get. It does not always work in other browsers. If you can, I would try to get Dreamweaver 8 or a free WYSIWYG Editor like NVU.

As for the images. I saved the image as called out in the source code from both browser's. Both images look just like the one in Firefox ( http://oregonjacks.5...s/image2891.gif ) when viewed in a graphics editor. Publisher may allow IE to clean up the image by using the publisher's code that FF ignores. Right now I really can not explain this. Maybe someone else would be willing to give an opinion or why the difference. Either way, the original image looks like what FF shows in all the graphics editors I used. Possibly the photo needs to be save in another format and then used, checked in FF.

Ron

cheapiejack

cheapiejack

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
We did a little more work and when we save the pic in another format, the quality is better. Thankgs for the lead on the WYSIWYG Editor. I'll give it a try.

Thanks all for your help!!

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Thank you for posting back. Glad the different picture format worked for you. Should have put that suggestion at the beginning of my post above. :whistling: Would have saved all that reading.

Ron