Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to enable pop ups?

• Please log in to reply

inheritedhornet

inheritedhornet

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
i need to download Mcafee from their website and this is what im getting. with my windows XP system, i see a screen at the top when the pop up is blocked and i have the choice to choose what to do but with windows 98. the bar at the top isnt showing. this is what i get

"an error occured while attempting to download active x objects that are needed for the application to run properly"

Advertisements

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
What browser are you using?

I ie 6 click Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Un-Select Block Popups

Edited by sarahw, 01 June 2006 - 12:01 AM.

inheritedhornet

inheritedhornet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
yes, im using IE 6 but when i go to the privacy tab, its talking about overriding cookies and stuff. i dont see anything about blocking pop ups

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Try holding the Ctrl key down when you expect a pop-up...like when you download. This will usually disable pop-up blocking on a "per use" basis.

wannabe1

inheritedhornet

inheritedhornet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
didnt work

jmoney3457

jmoney3457

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
try this under IE tools>popup blocker>turn off popup blocker

inheritedhornet

inheritedhornet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
i dont see any pop up options.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
tools > internet options > security > press the custom level button > make sure that everything for active x and for file download is either set to enabled or prompt (some only have enable and disable...some have enable disable and prompt as options....for the ones with all three choose prompt...that way you don't get a buttload of malware without you knowing)

My2Cents

My2Cents

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
do you have Yahoo or google tool bar install with and active popup blocker ,if so disable it on the respective toolbar