Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CoD2 Error Message

• Please log in to reply

ObeZ

ObeZ

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Hello,

Well ive had cod2 since it came out and just now i decided to do a reinstall..but.. i get an error message when i try to uninstall it..infact it comes up whenever i try to do sumthing off the menu..like extras, help, uninstall, etc..

heres the error message:

Executable 'D:\setup\rsrc\cod2.exe' had the following unrecoverable error:
Couldn't find library MSVCR80.dll (required by C:\PROGRA~1\WIFD1F~1\MpShHook.dll)
Please ensure that is installed

Please help..i miss cod2 :whistling:

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,650 posts
Hello ObeZ,

MPShHook.dll may be one of Windows Defender's DLL files.
Do you have Windows Defender installed?

humminn

humminn

I post links to websites I get a commission from

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hello Obez,

You can refer my post in the follwing link below, this may provide solution to your problem :

http://www.geekstogo...ng-t114921.html

Another Point :

C:\PROGRA~1\WIFD1F~1

That folder probably does exist, and it's name as you would know it is probably something like "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender".

Try what happens if you put the dll in your C:\Windows\system32 folder?

markau3001

markau3001

• Pip
  • 1 posts
if u have this proplem all u do is remove windows defender i had it and i did and it fixed the problem theres no use need windows defender anymore so dont worry about it it will fix the problem...

mjbjr

mjbjr

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have this same problem,however,ive never had WD on this machine.Any other ideas?

Attached Thumbnails

• cod2_error.jpg