Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply

mmblvanna

mmblvanna

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Hi, i'm trying to fix a problem that occures in outlook express, cause some idiot in the family(techno retard), thought it would be funny to send email to a relative that was jam-packed with picuters of the soccer game we went to with out compressing them into a zip file, we tried to leave it to see it through the night and all it had done was 2%, so they tried to delete it and outlook express just freeze's up. So i gave it a try and the same thing.
What do i do? Any help would be great?
Thankz in advanced.

mmblvanna

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. See if you can get the program launched without locking it up. Go to Tools, options, general tab. Un-check send and receive messages at startup. Close the program. Then re-launch it and see if you can delete that huge message.

mmblvanna

mmblvanna

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
austin_o

thank you for your reply, i did it and know it fixed, it took a while to delete cause it was so big. Thankz for your time, this geeks to go rules, it's helped me with this problem and to fix 2 other computers that had spyware and virus, you guys are TOP'S.

Thank you.

YOU GUYS RULE,
A++

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Glad you got it fixed! I suggest leaving send/receive on startup unchecked.