Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hauppage WinTV-HVR-1100 hcwtvwnd.dll

• Please log in to reply

pgrfowler

pgrfowler

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I 'm having difficulty installing this TV tuner card. I've tried downing loading an updated driver from the Hauppage website and turning off my firewall etc but I still get this error during installation:

"This application has failed to start because HCWTVWND.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I've also had this message "GLJE9.tmp unable to locate component."

I've also tried re-intalling etc but keep gettignthe same message about HCWTVWND.dll.

I searched for this on the internet and is seems that this is a fairly common problem but I couldn't find any solutiosn that I could understand. I tried downloading HCWTVWND.dll but don't know wehich folder to place it in or how to get the set-up programme or the Driver update thingy to find it.

Needless to say I've had no reply from Hauppage.

Advertisements

HaraldR

HaraldR

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
doule click on HCWTVWND to Unpack drivers Choose a folder or location. go to start/control Panel/system/hardware/ device manager/sound video and game controllers at this point you should see the yellow! if card installed right/double click on it select driver tab click update driver select instal from list next search for best driver check browse back to where you unpacked driver next and follow to instal drivers this can be more than just once

pgrfowler

pgrfowler

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks, I double clicked on this file and it asked me what application I'd like to open it with so I presume it's already unpackaged?

I had a reply from Hauppage to say I should copy to folder windows/system32. I tried taht and re-installed the software etc. It does install without the error message but the tuner card doens't work. As soon as I try to use it or reboot, the PC locks up. The only way out of it is to switch off, re-start in safe mode, uninstall the tuner and its software.

I've tried this many times including going back to a restore point before the first installation.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? (other than asking for a refund?!)

HaraldR

HaraldR

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
Hows your system details
Hauppage WinTV-HVR-1100 min System Requirements Details Windows XP - 1.5 GHz - RAM 128 MB

(to capture succesfully in mpeg2 you need a min of 1990mhz thats an amd 2600xp) and better than 512 of ram

pgrfowler

pgrfowler

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Harald,

It's Dell Dimension with Pentium 4 2.8 GHz processor and 640 MB RAM.