Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WAMP5 and IPB Error ><

• Please log in to reply

Mycah

Mycah

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Alright,

So I'm new to all this stuff about running servers on your own computer. But I recently got WAMP to work for me and make it so I can do what I've been wanting to do, Mess around with scripts and such.

So I got my IPB installed and its working... But then it stopped, so I attepmted to reinstall it.

I put all my files back in the wamp/www/ directory and I go under projects on the WAMP index to my IPB folder and it gives me this error:

SQL error: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
SQL error code:

I've tried quite alot of things, but it still wants to use the 'ODBC' user (which there is none on my PHPMyAdmin, am I missing something?) instead of the root user.

Remember, I have had this installed before, and nothing has changed with my configuration of WAMP.

(Oh, and I'm going to htttp://myip:5900/ipbforums/ when I click on it under the projects.)

:whistling: .

Thanks in advance

-Mycah

PS:

My wamp/ folder is directly located in the C:/ folder. So the exact location would be C:/wamp/www, but I'm using my IP for it, not the location of the file.

Edited by Mycah, 01 June 2006 - 06:58 AM.

Advertisements

johnykit

johnykit

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi, make sure that you change the root password on the phpmyadmin file. I have similar problem, all I did was go to the phphmyadmin file and changed password, that's if you are using password for the root! If you are not, set a password and update the file.

I don't know if this might help, but give it a try!