Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

WAMP5 and IPB Error ><

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

So I'm new to all this stuff about running servers on your own computer. But I recently got WAMP to work for me and make it so I can do what I've been wanting to do, Mess around with scripts and such.

So I got my IPB installed and its working... But then it stopped, so I attepmted to reinstall it.

I put all my files back in the wamp/www/ directory and I go under projects on the WAMP index to my IPB folder and it gives me this error:

SQL error: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
SQL error code:

I've tried quite alot of things, but it still wants to use the 'ODBC' user (which there is none on my PHPMyAdmin, am I missing something?) instead of the root user.

Remember, I have had this installed before, and nothing has changed with my configuration of WAMP.

(Oh, and I'm going to htttp://myip:5900/ipbforums/ when I click on it under the projects.)

:whistling: .

Thanks in advance

My wamp/ folder is directly located in the C:/ folder. So the exact location would be C:/wamp/www, but I'm using my IP for it, not the location of the file.

Edited by Mycah, 01 June 2006 - 06:58 AM.

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi, make sure that you change the root password on the phpmyadmin file. I have similar problem, all I did was go to the phphmyadmin file and changed password, that's if you are using password for the root! If you are not, set a password and update the file.

I don't know if this might help, but give it a try!