Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I have a couple of questions. I am new here and have found your page and checking it out. In the past few days I have come up with a virus and countless ads popping up continuosly.(I run winxp pro but it was put on by a guy who built my computer and I do not have license. he is no longer around.)

First I must say I really appreciate what you all are doing to help others out who arent so computer smart.
I have followed instructions for newcomers.I downloaded the free AVG which did a great job scanning.it said I had 11 infected files, 7 of those with the Bagle worm and 4 trojan horses .I have norton which expired on me in 03..it does still scan my email so have not removed it yet. do I need to remove Norton now, or will the other be automatically taken away in 30 days? Also nort is putting up a box when I first get on computer saying I have the hounddog virus....AVG did not pick this up...don't know what the deal is there. I also got a free scan from the Easy Spyware Spykiller. It says I need to register and pay $30 to keep it and for it to work for me. Is this a good one to have? I am confuse about a lot of these things as I am having ads pop up all the time. I don't know if I'm downloading what you all recommend or something iffy pops up at the same time and I'm using it. Thanks for your help and this site and forum..... :confused: .Blueagle

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

spybot, adware, panda links here

download both spybot and ad-aware and run them for pop-ups and spyware. totally free and work wonders.

as for hounddog virus i would try panda =)