Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

trogen virus vs my pc knowledge

• Please log in to reply

brava

brava

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all,

Ohh someone please help a dizzey non blonde woman,,,me!!

A trogen virus,,,dropper generic DZD is on my pc, avg and norton cannot move it nor heal it,,,help!!!
wat is it,,will it harm my pc,,,how do i get rid of it?

Thanking you ALL in advance for your kind help

P.s.....could you explain it all to me in non pc gargon,,,,

Brava :whistling:

Advertisements

mattdman1991

mattdman1991

• Pip
  • 4 posts
At the top of this page there is something that looks like this:

"Do you suspect a malware (Spyware, Virus, Trojan) infection?"

Click the "start here" link afterwards and follow the instructions.

Hope this helps.

jmoney3457

jmoney3457

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
hi brava, yes it can cause damage on your PC however altho I can't give specific advice on HJT or anything I will point out that you said avg AND Norton couldn't remove it.while its good that you have antivirus protection on your PC it's NEVER good and even sometimes dangerous to have multiple (2 or more) antivirus programs running on the same pc at the same time because they fight for scanning, protection and resources so in the end it actually hurts your pc rather than helping (same goes w/ firewalls and any other protection software) so i highly suggest you uninstall either avg or norton leaving just 1 on your system and also for malware assistance heres where to start--->http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html perform ALL The steps outlined there and then after that post a HJT log for review be patient however as their are several hundred/thousands members waiting for HJT assistance so it may take a day or 2 to receive an response and whatever you do DO NOT "Bump" your post as it may be overlooked as already being helped when infact its not because the malware experts on the most part look for unanswered posts to start with good luck :whistling:

Edited by jmoney3457, 01 June 2006 - 12:39 PM.