Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Considering a new 19 to 21" monitor your suggestion

• Please log in to reply

hcxc1runner

hcxc1runner

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
I'm looking for a high quality, 19 to 21" lcd monitor, preferably WSXGA, I will also have to upgrade my graphics card but that needs to be done anyways. the old x300 won't take much in 800x600. I'll use it for gaming (pc) and possible with an xbox 360. What are your suggestions? I don't want to spend more than $400
thanks

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
On both? youll be lucky just to get the monitor you want for that money.

hcxc1runner

hcxc1runner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
no just the monitor, I may buy a new laptop or desktop in the future so just the monitor.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Models vary and so do prices you can look yourself but ill give you guidelines.

Size: as big as you can get but i think reaslistcly you are only going to be able to afford a 19".

Response time: all important, you want 8ms or lower no compromises.

Contrast bigger the better.

Manufactuer: best bets for something cheap and good are Samsung or Viewsonic, might also try Hyundai. Samsung 940s are good. Take a look and post what you like and we will help you compare them, im not going to do all the hardwork for you but i can help you pick the best one.

Edited by warriorscot, 06 June 2006 - 04:06 PM.

hcxc1runner

hcxc1runner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
How about the following:

LG 20.1"

viewsonic

sceptre x20g

Thanks

hcxc1runner

hcxc1runner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
I know this is off topic but...
Just a quick thought while were on displays and possible graphic cards, how do xfx cards do when compared to other brands... I have a friend who said he had an xfx that idled at 50 C. He returned it. What do you thing? What brands of nvidia based cards are crap and which are better?

Thanks
Hcxc1runner

hcxc1runner

hcxc1runner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Hey is the lg from newegg the same as this lg from bestbuy, the LG L230WTX from newegg.com seems to have the same specs as teh LG L230WT from bestbuy.com except bestbuy is $500.00

Any thoughts