Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Radeon 9200 problem

• Please log in to reply

pompanoguy

pompanoguy

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
I have an ATI 9200 radeon. The video shows up on my monitor, and on the extra tv..... however.. only the skin of the viewing device shows...eg divx player, but not the video of the movie... can anyone help me. I tried downloading a suggested file, but it would not open.... thanks

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
If it's a divx movie problem, see if you can find the answer here:

Divx FAQs.

Ron

pompanoguy

pompanoguy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

If it's a divx movie problem, see if you can find the answer here:

Divx FAQs.

Ron

My movies are avi and mpeg.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Sorry, but I thought you wrote you were using the DivX player and only the skin of the player was showing and not the movies. Thought you would be able to find some answers like updating your player, codecs, etc., for the player in all those FAQs. Next step, possibly, checking for updated drivers for the ATI 9200 Radeon from the manufactuer's site. Let me know if these are not suggestions you are looking for or have been done. Maybe someone else will read your post and drop some other ideas.

Ron

pompanoguy

pompanoguy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Sorry, but I thought you wrote you were using the DivX player and only the skin of the player was showing and not the movies. Thought you would be able to find some answers like updating your player, codecs, etc., for the player in all those FAQs. Next step, possibly, checking for updated drivers for the ATI 9200 Radeon from the manufactuer's site. Let me know if these are not suggestions you are looking for or have been done. Maybe someone else will read your post and drop some other ideas.

Ron

Thanks Ron. I will try this, and get back to you.

pompanoguy

pompanoguy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Ron

Thanks Ron. I will try this, and get back to you.

I downloaded the latest from ATI, installed it, and same problem. I get everything but the movie. I thought that copyguard may affect it in my dvd recorder, so as an experiment, I played a home video, and had the same problem. No video information comes to my monitor. I changed tv's, and same problem Great view of the desktop and skin of either Divx player or windows media player, but no movie/video! Any more ideas? Thanks.. Mickey