Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows Form Parking Window?

• Please log in to reply

cstar_17

cstar_17

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I have been having problems with a random program popping up in my toolbar on my desktop. It has no name but when I tried to shut off my computer I got that message that said a program was still running and the name of it was windowsformparkingwindow. That is the only clue I have to what this program might be. It pops up in the tollobar for about 2 seconds then disappears. It does this randomly with not set schedule.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
"WindowsFormParkingWindow" is a protected mode error designed to shut down the computer in the event of a catastrophic Operating System error. A protected mode error usually occurs when a poorly designed program oversteps its memory boundaries and attempts to overwrite memory addresses reserved for the Operating System

The Windows Form Parking Window error may appear due to a bug related to HP Image Zone Fast Start program. If you have any HP hardware on your computer (or did at one point), then removing HP Image Zone Fast Start from the Startup Folder should resolve the issue

cstar_17

cstar_17

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Where would this folder be and should I just delete the program or move it somewhere else?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start, all programmes, click start up to look for it there, if present, right click it, click delete, confirm.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Don't let this process run at startup: hpqthb08.exe

I'm closing your duplicate topic in Internet & Browsers.

Johanna

cstar_17

cstar_17

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Thanks for the help. I deleted image zone off my computer and I couldn't find the process so I assumed it was deleted as well. Thanks for all your help.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting us know