Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Which do you guys play more? PC Games or XBOX/PS2 etc?

• Please log in to reply

Ammalgam

Ammalgam

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
Just curious guys...

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
PC obviouslly, the games and the way they look trounce consoles. Plus keybaord and mouse is better for RTS/FPS which are my favourite.

Ammalgam

Ammalgam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Yeah,
Good point with the keyboard and mouse thing..I always wondered what the big deal was with Halo for the xbox..

After using a keyboard and mouse for so long, it just didnt seem worth it to learn the controller approach...

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
PC all the way.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I played it on a friends xbox and on my PC, end result PC looked slightly better but the game itself wsa totally underwhelming wasnt a patch on any FPS for the PC at the time and it looked old as well and gameplay was akward.

Halo is a mediocre shooter at best, however on the xbox its the best they have.

yurimxpxman

yurimxpxman

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
I've never owned a console before. That's partly due to the fact that I'm not much of a gamer. I'd rather write software or something. Games bore me.

But I think PC's are much better than consoles, and whenever I occasionally play a game for a few minutes, I use my PC.

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
The cost of purchasing new consoles (360 for example) to me sways me to Pc's. I'd rather spend the money updating my current system. Why spend that much on a console that restricts you to only games, when most of them are released on the Pc later down the track (sometimes cheaper too). A Pc can do everything a console can and so much more. The only upside to console is that it is user friendly, just plug it in, turn it on and play.

Edited by sarahw, 03 June 2006 - 01:46 AM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The new ones arent even that user friendly anymore with the media player functions they are oving to more PC like OSes.

Its the other way around games usually come out first for PC then later for console, its a rare occasion where it works the other way because the bigger developers for better games tend to prefer PC because of the greater power and flexibility. Ports from console to PC usually fail.

yurimxpxman

yurimxpxman

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
The Tony Hawk series are the only games that can keep my attention for more than five minutes. I'd like to know why the PC geeks never talk about it.

The Tony Hawk games always come out on console first though, and the PC versions usually have lots of bugs. Tony Hawk's Undergound 2 and Tony Hawk's American Wasteland have a memory leak in freeskate and story mode so you can only play for about 10 minutes before the game has eaten all of your memory.

Do any of you PC geeks play Tony Hawk?

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts

Its the other way around games usually come out first for PC then later for console

It would depend on who releases the game, people talked of Halo earlier. Released on xbox first i think (but i'm not 100% sure). Console games are less prone to pirating. Some games are Xbox only or Playstaion only I have noticed. Third party company's usually release it on all platforms.

Do any of you PC geeks play Tony Hawk?

Not on Pc, on original Playstion (the first one I think). It was ok, but I don't think that type of game would appeal to me much on a Pc.
I think if you've played one the rest couldn't be much different. It's a bit tiresome for me these days.

Edited by sarahw, 03 June 2006 - 09:55 AM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I get bored of Tony Hawk, its allright if there is nothing better to play and all i have is a console but i would rather play CSS anyday or some C&C maybe some flatout or painkiller.

Halo came out for the console first but its PC port failed because even with he slight gfx upgrades it was still a poor game in comparison to the PC competition at the time because it was a dated engine and of course the storyline was awful and gameplay was also akward, it just didnt have the technology or quality to cope with what PC gamers demand are used to having.

If you read it we are panning Halo as the failure it was for the PC.