Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

access files under another user (urgent)

• Please log in to reply

twack

twack

• Pip
  • 1 posts
1. Is there anyway to delete a file under a username without logging on, (I stupidly downloaded a file, not noticing I was on the wrong username)? I can only access the computer through safe mode on the user: Administrator.

I already tried to find the username's folder (the username is Please Use This) in documents and settings, but it's not there. I can't access the control panel too, it's not shown in my computer. Is there any program, that I can download that can do this?

I am not trying to do any thing malicious, I downloaded a music video curiously not knowing it had nudity in it. After noticing that, I attempted to delete it, but windows wouldn't let me, it said another program was using it. Then the computer froze, so I shut it down and started it back up. That's when I realized that I can't go back and delete the file, because it was on my girlfriend's user (the user: Please Use This), worst of all it was the desktop too.

Thanks for your help,
Twack

Edited by twack, 01 June 2006 - 08:45 PM.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi twack...

I think probably your best option is to level with your girlfriend. As much as I'd like to help you off the horns of your dilemma, it would present us with some issues down the road. Your problem may be entirely sincere...the next ten people who read the post may not have such noble intent.

Hint: A box of chocolates and a long stemmed rose will go a long ways towards fixing computer problems of this sort. :whistling:

wannabe1

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Wannabe1 is right, esp if you are already busted. If you own the computer, and have the admin password, take ownership of the files.
http://support.micro...;308421&sd=tech

Johanna