Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help! with strewy graphics

• Please log in to reply

Insane Tadpole

Insane Tadpole

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
OK...i just un-installed my driver and installed the new driver.... Because the old driver keep making my computer restart etc... now my graphics is all over the place. Can some one please help me with this problem...!

cheers
Posted Image

Specs...
Product: Acer
Processer: Pentium 4 2.80 GhZ
RAM: 512 mbs
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce 6600 256mb AGP-8X

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

OK...i just un-installed my driver and installed the new driver.... Because the old driver keep making my computer restart etc... now my graphics is all over the place. Can some one please help me with this problem...!

cheers
Posted Image

Specs...
Product: Acer
Processer: Pentium 4 2.80 GhZ
RAM: 512 mbs
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce 6600 256mb AGP-8X

Its either the video card drivers are old or either too new or that you overclocked the video card. It looks like bad drivers for your specific card to me.

Whatever your current video card drivers are try something newer unless you already tried the very newest then I would goto the drivers released right before the current newest.

Insane Tadpole

Insane Tadpole

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
were could i find these drivers?

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
ahhhh i get the same problem when playing BF2 i just thought it was my crappy grahics card maybe i should look into my drivers as well sorry to but in on your topic :blink: im interested in seeing where this goes

goodluck i hope your problem gets sorted and maybe so will mine :whistling:
troppo

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
What kind of video card? You should be able to find the current driver at the manufacturer's web page. Once you have the current driver downloaded and availabe to install, use Driver Cleaner to clean up the current mess. Then install the current driver. Here is what you need to do. Go to http://www.drivercleaner.net/ and get Driver Cleaner. It is free. Then boot into safe mode (F8 on boot up) and run Driver Cleaner TWICE, each time deleting all that it finds. Then re-boot and install the current driver.

Insane Tadpole

Insane Tadpole

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
The driver i am using is 84.21