Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Monitor problem

• Please log in to reply

k0rr

k0rr

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
I restarted the computer and now my monitor cannot detect any output on my videocard. When it's not connected it gives an error that says check signal and when it is connected it just says turning off in 5 seconds.

Advertisements

fnark

fnark

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Make sure the card is seated properly, also it might be worth checking the pins on the monitor connection for bent or missing pins. keep in mind that not all of the pins will be there and thats normal, its bent or broken ones youre looking for.

Adzi

Adzi

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
This isn't a very technical answer to your problem, but I had the exact same problem last night. I left it for a couple of hours and it worked fine...

k0rr

k0rr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
yes all the pins are present. it is not an old monitor, 1 month old viewsonic 19" A90f. i made a simple restart and it just happened.

i removed the card (gf6800 ultra) and reconnected it into the port, the same error still occurs.

you know when your monitor is on, when your comp is not, it gives a msg saying "off mode in 5 secs...", that error pops up when the comp is up and running. i tried resetting my bios. i guess im just gonna borrow a friend's comp and hook up the monitor and see if its a monitor side problem or computer sided problem.

Edited by k0rr, 02 June 2006 - 04:44 PM.