Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FIREFOX AND IE 6 PROBLEM

• Please log in to reply

smak786110

smak786110

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hey there people...
Well i have 2 questions relating each other:-

1) Most of the time IE 6 is very slow in loading the internet...I dont know why,coz i jst formatted my PC....I marked that when I installed OFFICE and other prorams like Anti Virus...IE started to become slow...But sometimes its really fast..I dnt knw whts the reason

2) I know,some people will advise me to use Firefox instead of IE...I agree with them but Firefox is having problem with HOTMAIL account.
When I receive email which has lots of colours,graphics,HTML etc....And try to forward it to other emails..The whole mail gets jumbled and the graphics and colours are removed!!! :blink: :help:
What is the reason for this??? Is there any extension or plugin to install to fix this problem???

PLS HELP! :whistling:

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
How do you connect to the internet? Are the other people using your ISP having similar fluctuations in speed?

I will ask an experienced FF user to take a look at this thread.

Johanna

smak786110

smak786110

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thanks for ur reply.....
No,my computer is not in NETWORKING.........Dont knw if someone else is using it but i dn think so....I am using Local Area Connection Cable :whistling:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Hotmail works fine for me on FF or it did last time before i switched to the beta of live mail(it on the other hand as problems but thats MS incompetence). What i use is the IE tab extension in FF lets you use FF normally but you can load it in IE at a click of a button if its not working properly.

If you want to switch browser FF or Opera would be my choice, i just installed Opera this morning and its very very fast its not as good looking as FF but its alot faster than IE or FF.

lewie

lewie

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
I had a problem w/IE loading after I reformatted a few months back. I had also added ZA firewall. I reconfigured ZA as instructed in their forum, and its worked fine ever since.

S.