Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

• Please log in to reply

Dr.Shimo

Dr.Shimo

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
just bought the game and as soon as i started playing it the character moves really slowly
i'm talking really slowly like unplayably slowly
my system covers all the specs:
3ghz AMD
1gb ram
GeForce 7600GT gfx

I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but i makes no difference
:whistling:

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
On the list of ranked video cards (in a waaaay earlier forum topic, Video card to run Oblivion...) your GeForce 7600GT GFX comes right above my Radeon X800 GTO. I have the 'same' processor (P4 3.0GHz) and RAM, but I am only able to play the game on medium graphics!!

Oblivion's auto hardware reader is apparently not programmed well or something and misread what my computer can handle. You may just have to turn down the graphic intesity a whole be-jesus load to get it to work smoothly :whistling:

Dr.Shimo

Dr.Shimo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
yer it is not like the game lagging or anything it is just the character moving really slowly. Everything else is moving at the right speed, the people are moving around fine. Ther is no lag, i can fight and evrything it is just the movement speed of my guy is like really low, it could be like a glitch or something... (sorry bout the confusion :whistling: )

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Have you posted or searched for this problem at the Oblivion forums? That's where I got my support for the beta patch issues I was having.