Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help! can't get PHP to install in my apache Server

• Please log in to reply

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
hi all,

Well here is my situation. This is on my Windows XP Home. I am setting up a local testing server on the same HDD with Windows. apache installed fine and is running with no problems, but after 3 days of fighting with it, I can't get PHP 4.4.2 to install as a module like it should.

apache 1.3 server
PHP 4.4.2

I followed the instructions for injecting PHP into the Apache server, but it isn't working, anytime I try to access a PHP file the system tries to download it instead of opening the page. I have included my httpd.conf file, maybe I missed a step, but I'm really at a loss on how to get this to work.

Please help, as I would rather use this local test server when programming my PHP websites for my clients, instead of my website server that my site is on. But I can't set up myPHPadmin for setting up my db until I have PHP working.

Attached Files

Edited by Dragon, 02 June 2006 - 10:20 AM.

Advertisements

johnykit

johnykit

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi, why not try to have WAMP on your local machine which will install apache, php, mysql to your computer as a package!

http://www.wampserve...en/download.php

THat will save you a lot of pain!