Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop screen goes blank

• Please log in to reply

anwae

anwae

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello:
Every once in a while my screen will go blank, or black, for just a fraction of a second, and then comes back on. I never lose any information, or internet connection, it just returns back to where I was.
It may happen today, and not happen again for a month, or two months. I have run hardware tests, video tests, etc., but they show no signs of trouble. Any suggestions?

Thank you

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
could be an inverter going, could be the backlight going, or could be the cable between the display adapter and the lcd has a fine crack in it

Does it happen more often if you move your laptop screen back and forth an inch or two? That would indicate the cable, which is the easiest thing to replace.

Inverter and backlights are fixable, but take a little more expertize than the typical user

IO-error

IO-error

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
I hope you got warranty. Broken laptop screens aren't fixable by common household tools and mechanics.

Good luck!