Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD playback problem using digital projector

• Please log in to reply

slater45

slater45

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I use a digital projector to watch DVDs. It is wired up to a 1-year old Toshiba Laptop and has been working perfectly until: I did two things; updated the video card driver using Microsoft Update; and updated to Windows Media Player 11 beta. The DVD movies still play fine on the laptop screen. But now, on the projector screen I get the windows desktop (as before), the movie player controls and window, as before, but no movie playing in the window.
This happens when using any one of 3 DVD players that are available (that all worked fine via the projector before).

Any ideas as to how to get the movie playing on the projector screen again?

Thanks

Robert Slater

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. I would try rolling back the video driver first, and if that doesn't fix it roll back to the previous version of WMP.

slater45

slater45

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for such a quick response.

I'll try that.

Cheers

slater45

slater45

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I rolled back to the previous video driver. No joy.
I rolled back from Windows media player 11, to ten. No joy.
I changed the resolution and numbers of colours on the laptop screen. No Joy. Still no movie on projector screen.
I wired up laptop to projector using s-vhs output and input. Still no Joy.

None of the DVD players on the laptop give movie on the projector screen, now. All did before?

Could Windows Media Player 11 beta have corrupted software running in the projector?

Anyone got other suggestions to try?

Thanks for help.

R Slater

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
See if windows xp system restore can rescue you. Do a system restore to a restore point prior to the WMP11 and driver changes.

slater45

slater45

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Will do.

Thanks