Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

What's the best Free Reg Cleaner?

• Please log in to reply

jen147

jen147

• PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
Right now I'm using the trial RegVac and use it in the Novice Mode because I wouldn't have a clue what's safe to delete or not, anyway, I like it. But noticed on Download.com there are free Reg cleaners.

Anyone on here like the free ones? Got a recommendation for me? Free or not.

Thanks!

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I wouldnt reccomend them at all, computer optimisations wise i reccomend only TuneUp as others ive used havent done the job as well or broken something. Tuneup isnt free though not expensive mind you i would leave regcleaners alone you can seriously screw up your system and the paid ones are usually miles better unfortunatley.

jen147

jen147

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
warriorscot, are you saying don't mess with the free ones but maybe one that's not free like RegVac would be ok for a novice to use? Or are you saying leave them all alone period?

Thanks for the advise!

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Unless you really know what you are doing i wouldnt advise them ive never found one ive been totally comfortable with other than tuneups but really they arent neccesary and rarely improve performance at anywhere close to be significant.